Derwood, MD, is only 10 minutes away from Smiles Design of Olney. You don’t have to travel far to get your dental health in order. Dr. Mitchell A. Lomke, DDS, and Joshua M. Lomke, DDS have collectively transformed thousands of smiles. Who doesn’t desire a million-dollar smile? Most people do. When you take care of your dental health, you take care of your overall health, making your life more manageable and putting yourself closer to a brighter, healthier smile.
CHECK OUT OUR SMILE GALLERY FOR SMILE TRANSFORMATIONS USING VENEERS
How Derwood, MD Residents Should Know if They Need Dental Veneers
Veneers are one of many solutions for cracked, chipped, stained or mal-aligned teeth. The most common reason for getting dental veneers is to replace bondings that have stained or chipped over the years. Unlike bondings, veneers are stronger and resist stains, resulting in a longer-lasting and brighter smile! If your teeth are severely misaligned, this can also be a solution. The preferable alternative is Invisalign to correct crooked teeth, but dental veneers may be the better option for you, depending on the severity or time frame you are working with. Our team will work hard to find the best solutions to enhance and correct your smile.
The Benefits of Dental Veneers for Derwood Residents
We define veneers as thin porcelain coverings that attach to the surface of your teeth. If you want a subtle, natural-looking smile, subtlety is what you’ll get. Dental veneers are ideal for many cases. If you have one chipped tooth or a few, veneers can give you the even, symmetrical smile that you desire. They’re also highly durable and can last for years if you take care of them.
Are Veneers and Crowns the Same? How Are Dental Veneers Applied?
Veneers merely cover the surface of the tooth and are a much more conservative option. Dental implants or crowns replace and encase the entire tooth. The process is unique and specialized for each patient. The process goes as follows:
- Dr. Lomke will bring you in for a consultation where he will take scans of your teeth, high-definition photographs, and review all the different smile designs with you. Once you and Dr. Lomke have selected a smile design, we will send this information to a cosmetic dental technician, who will recreate your smile in wax, and will allow you to hold your new smile in your hands before we do any treatment.
- Once this is approved, we will likely complete a round of teeth bleaching to establish a new baseline shade.
- At the next appointment, we will prepare your teeth for the veneers and take new scans for the lab to make your final veneers. You will leave the office that day in customized temporary veneers that match the wax-up you’ve already approved, thus allowing you to go home and try out your new smile! At this point, you can tell us things you do and don’t like. Dr. Lomke can communicate this to the lab and make adjustments.
- After a few weeks, Dr. Lomke will insert your final veneers using adhesive dental cement.
- We always recommend that patients receiving any cosmetic treatments have a nightguard made to protect your new investment. We will take these impressions the same day as the veneer delivery.
The Benefits of a Derwood Resident Being a Patient at Smile Designs of Olney
In a nutshell, we’re:
- Cosmetically trained
Come to Smile Designs of Olney for All of Your Cosmetic Procedures
For your smile makeover or any other dental needs, come to Smile Designs of Olney! Book an appointment with us. Whether you want your teeth whitened, straightened, or restored altogether, we pride ourselves in quality patient care and giving you the smile makeover that you deserve. Our small, professional staff will make you feel right at home. We service the Montgomery County regions including Olney, Laytonsville, Brookville, Silver Spring, Rockville, Columbia, Bethesda, Chevy Chase and Germantown, MD. Contact us at (301) 260-0700, visit us online, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube.